To have the key marketing role in a fresh, up-and-coming organization is no easy task. But to be the VP of Marketing in a legacy brand which has been around for 111 years - now that’s a challenge of a lifetime.
Our guest today is Trovon Williams. An expert who is the head of Marketing and Communications for the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
On his journey, Trovon was able to put plenty of accomplishments under his belt.
- He has been a member of the American Marketing Association for almost 18 years.
- He is a member of the Forbes Communications Council.
- His experience in Tech provided a fresh perspective on the NAACP marketing approach.
And to top all that, Trovon is a husband and a father of 3 remarkable kids.
Trovon's mission is to keep the history of the NAACP alive for the younger generation. At the same time, he aims to establish a healthy team environment by celebrating the success of all his colleagues.
To our advantage, this gentleman came to the podcast packed with value bombs. On today’s Driving Brand Growth episode we are covering:
- How to sustain the legacy of a brand which has been around for more than a - century, while gradually evolving it.
- How to have a powerful stance in chaotic times as the ones we are in.
- How to strategically reach the Gen Z members of your community, and still speak to the rest of the people.
- How to turn social media into a space which ignites actions for change.
- Why a car accident made him rethink his tireless 18-hour-a-day hustle.
- How to balance the growth of your team as professionals and as persons.
- How you can utilize your skills to make an impact on the world, rather than jumping from a job to a job.
Join us as Trovon unravels the challenges of an organization as valuable as NAACP. He comes forward with an energizing approach and a refreshing perspective.
Hit play and if you've enjoyed the episode - don't forget to subscribe.
Driving Brand Growth
Nobody has time for bland marketing.
It needs to be energizing and refreshing.
Just like a glass of Lemonade on a hot summer night.
Welcome to our new podcast Driving Brand Growth. It’s the second offering from our popular Insights Series on the Lemonade Originals YouTube channel.
Driving Brand Growth is a place where:
Savvy marketers come to find stories.
Advertising veterans share their experiences.
And gurus and beginners alike can share a laugh or two.
As a team with a love for Storytelling, Content, and Marketing Strategy, we invite fellow professionals from across the industry to join us on the show to share their wisdom and their passion for the work we do.
Grab an episode on the go to learn about upcoming trends and tactics. These will help broaden your mindset, and grow your brand.
All you have to do is hit play.
As a savvy marketer, you know that your competitors invest heavily in content marketing.
And, not just because it makes them look good or feel good ;).
They do it because content marketing is 62% less expensive than outbound while generating 200% more leads. (Source: Content Marketing Institute)
Content is uniquely effective, but it can be overwhelming. Believe me, I know.
I've had to hone new content marketing skills, study an emerging platform and curate booming influencers on a daily basis.
If you're not a marketing agency or a creative shop, trying to keep up gets discouraging. Even Google outsources.
Most companies' Content Team consists of just a few Creatives. Better than nothing, but unscalable. Don’t fall for the “in-house content trap”.
Lemonade helps you scale by increasing your creative and marketing bandwidth.
You have to go the extra mile.
That's why I insist on strategy and discovery consultations before any engagement and why I swim laps at 6 AM every morning. Apart from my family, nothing fuels me like telling a good story and delivering results that impact brand and business goals.
Many agencies can talk shop but fail to deliver meaningful results and engagement.
To stay focused on your bottom line, Lemonade has built a process to measure, analyze, and guarantee results.
In 2019, you need a content strategy that includes:
- Awe-inspiring videos, pictures, and design
- A distribution and performance strategy
- Community building
We provide that, and so much more.